1) Department of Mechanical Engineering has got an up-to-date workshop where students from all the streams get individual exposure on various mechanical processes in following shops:
- Machine shop : This shop includes machines like lathe machine, milling machine, shaper machine, drilling machine etc. In this lab students learn about different types of machining operations such as turning, facing, drilling, gear cutting, threading, slot cutting, grinding, knurling, boring, grooving etc.
- Welding Shop: This shop is equipped with various welding machines like arc welding machine, gas welding machine, TIG, MIG etc. In this lab students learn about different types of welding joints, their defects and remedies.
- Fitting Shop: In fitting shop unwanted material is removed with the help of hand tools. It is done for mating, repair and manufacturing purposes. This lab is equipped with different types of clamping tools (like bench vice, leg vice, hand vice, pin vice etc.), measuring and marking tools (like try square, bevel protector, combination set, vernier calliper, micrometer etc.), cutting tools (like hacksaw, files, chisels etc.), striking tools (different types of hammers) and miscellaneous tools.
- Carpentry Shop : This shop includes different types of hand tools like wooden planner, handsaw, G-clamp, T-square, marking gauge etc. In this lab students go through different types of woods, their defects and different types of wooden joint(butt joint, corner joint, dove tail joint , lap joint, bridal joint).
2) Thermal Engineering Lab
This well-equipped lab is for mechanical students which enables them to understand the basic construction of two stroke and four stroke diesel and petrol engine. The lab also enables the student to calculate power, efficiency, fuel consumption, heat balance sheet, frictional power, torque etc of S.I. and C.I. engines.
3) Heat Transfer Lab
This lab helps the students to understand all the 3 modes of heat transfer, namely conduction, convection and radiation practically. This experimental setup is employed as starting point to take up higher level experimental studies in Heat Transfer.
4) Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Lab
The lab is well-equipped and enables students to understand the basic Refrigeration and Air Conditioning cycles used in various Food processing, preservation and distribution industries, Chemical and process industries textiles, printing industries, manufacturing & allied industries..
5) Measurement Lab
Here the students gains very basic knowledge about the various instruments. The lab is well equipped and enables students to understand the fundamentals of various measuring instruments.
6) Strength of Material Lab
The objective of the strength of materials lab is to demonstrate the basic principles in the area of strength and mechanics of materials and structural analysis to the undergraduate students through a series of experiments. Tests such as the tension tests of a steel coupon, torsion of model circular sections and bending of a steel bar are conducted in the lab.
7) Fluid Mechanics Lab
This lab introduces student’s practical knowledge of behavior of fluids which they are earlier studied by using mathematical equations. It involves study of various properties of the fluid, such as velocity, pressure, density and temperature, as functions of space and time. The lab is equipped with different flow measuring set-ups such as venturimeter, orifice-plate, etc., where students can visualize the basic theory of working of the flow meter. The lab also has Reynolds’s setup, free-forced vortices setup, impact of jet set-up, where students can fortify their theoretical knowledge.
8) Hydraulics Machines Lab
The laboratory is equipped with a number of equipments to study the fundamental and applied aspects of hydraulics and hydraulic machines. The setups are used for calibration of flow measuring devices used in channels and pipes. Measurements of critical Performance parameters like efficiency, flow rate etc of various hydraulic machines such as turbines, pumps are also measured in this lab.
9) Computer Aided Design & Manufacturing Lab
The objective of the CAD/CAM lab is to elaborate and handle design problems in a systematic manner and to gain practical experience in handling 2D drafting and 3D modeling software systems. It is to be used to apply CAD in real life applications. The users are encouraged to learn, practice and apply the knowledge gained into their research areas. The CAD lab provides digitally integrated environment where the users can design, analyze, simulate and build components. The Laboratory has the following section:
- Engineering graphics
- Geometric Modeling
- Finite Element Analysis
- Product Development
- Rapid Prototyping
The facility in the CAD lab caters the community through profession certification programs, industrial consultancy and by research.
10) Theory of Machine Lab
The lab is well-equipped and enables students to understand the balancing of machine parts statically and dynamically and also used to understand the dynamic behavior of moving objects. With the study of rigid bodies motions and forces for the transmission systems, machine kinematics and dynamics can be well understood. Various experiments with governors, gyroscopes, balancing machines and universal vibration facilities are available to understand machine dynamics.
11) Mechanical Vibration Lab
The lab is well-equipped and enables students to understand the vibration of machine parts and also used to understand their effects on the vehicle and engine performance.
12) Thermodynamic Lab
The laboratory is equipped with a number of equipment and experimental setups to study the fundamental and applied aspects of thermodynamics .The lab is equipped with various boilers models are and cross-sectional engines models (2-stroke and 4 stroke).
13) Mechatronics & Manufacturing Automation Lab
The laboratory is equipped with a H-simulator software in which we can change the parameters of hydraulic circuit to demonstrate the circuit.
14) Non Destructive Testing Lab
Non Destructive Testing is also known as NDT Testing, Non Destructive Examination and NDE Inspection. These test methods can detect surface and sub-surface defects without affecting the operating performance of the inspected products. Laboratory Testing can perform non destructive testing on metals and alloys, as well as some ceramics, composites, plastics and more.