Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
In order to provide quality education the department has following objectives:
- A understanding of the basic and engineering sciences and develop mathematical and analytical skills required for Mechanical Engineering Professionals.
- To develop proficiency in designing, manufacturing and analyzing various mechanical engineering systems using latest tools.
- Capability to work ethically in professional mechanical engineering roles and exhibit good competency in their work culture and environment.
Program Outcomes (POs)
By the completion of this program, the graduates will be possession of:
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and mechanical engineering fundamentals for solving problems.
- Ability to Identify, formulate and analyze mechanical engineering problems arriving at meaningful conclusions involving mathematical inferences.
- Ability to design and develop mechanical components and processes to meet desired needs considering public health, safety, cultural, social, and environmental aspects.
- Ability to apply modern engineering tools, techniques and resources to solve complex mechanical engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Ability to understand the effect of mechanical engineering solutions on legal, cultural, social, public health and safety aspects.
- Ability to develop sustainable solutions and understand their impact on society and environment.
- Ability to apply ethical principles to engineering practices and professional responsibilities.
- Ability to function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Ability to comprehend, design documentation, write effective reports, make effective presentations to the engineering community and society at large.
- Ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broad context of technological changes and advancements.